UAE is a country where the population of people from other parts of the world is higher than its locals. After consulting the researches by Assignment Writing Help it is clear that in the UAE, 88.52% population belongs to other countries while the rest 11.48% are the locals. This is why the UAE is diverse and multicultural as it is comprised of a number of different traditions from all around the world. UAE so far has done a fine job of hosting different traditions and allowed them to flourish as we know that people from different countries, different religions, different classes, different cultures, and different languages, etc have made UAE their home.
Indian and East African cultures highly influence UAEs culture but it is originally based on Arab culture and as far as religion is considered, UAE’s official religion is Islam but of course, it’s welcoming of other religions such as Hinduism, Christianity, Sikhism, etc. UAE has over 9000 mosques where Muslims offer their prayers and a number of Churches and Temples as well.
As we know that UAE has a higher proportion of people from other countries who either shift or visit the UAE for higher incomes and better job opportunities such as Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Philippines, Egypt, Iran, Sri Lanka, and others which means different languages are spoken in the country. Although the official language of UAE is Arabic other languages such as Urdu, English, Hindi, Pashto, Farsi (Persian), etc, are widely spoken, even more than Arabic because of the locals being in a smaller number. English is however considered to be a middle ground to communicate with people who don’t speak a certain language.
Architecture in UAE is inspired by Arabian and Islamic architecture which has allowed UAE to stay true to its original heritage. The architecture of the UAE has drastically changed over the years. Originally the architecture in the 1960s and 1970s was simple and minimalistic but if we take a look at it today, UAE has some of the most advanced, and modern architectural designs ranging from extravagant buildings to towering skyscrapers.
Traditional dress for most of the UAE men is called ‘Kandura’ which is an ankle-length dress made from wool or cotton and is typically white in colour. The local women of the UAE mostly prefer ‘Abaya’ which is an overall garment and is traditionally black.
Emirati cuisine represents the Arabian heritage. Seafood has been a staple of the Emirati cuisine alongside mutton and lamb. Meat is common and is one of the favourites. Arabs love to use spices such as turmeric, saffron, and cinnamon in their foods which gives them a distinct flavour. Beverages like authentic tea and coffee are favourites.
UAE is considered to be much more liberal and tolerable regarding different religions than other Islamic countries, which is why tourists from different parts of the world travel to the UAE. UAE’s diverse environment makes it easier for people to adjust. Even after being home for millions of foreigners, UAE has not left its original heritage and is still to this day present in the form of architecture, food, and dresses, etc.